Saturday, June 20, 2015

Garlic Cream Paleo "Pasta"

I am happy to share I started working a job for the first time since last September (hence why I've been busy and slacking with the blog!). It felt amazing to be out in the world talking to random people, even though I had to fight brain fog and tiredness. Hopefully I will be able to handle this job, but if I can't I will just have to wait until my body is ready.

So as you can imagine I was starving after my shift. Searching my fridge for a warm, quick, satisfying comfort food, I ended up creating a delicious dinner that took less than 10 minutes to make.... and it reminds me of a pasta Alfredo!

I find that I don't really miss the taste of pasta- if you think about it pasta on its own is very bland! I miss the quickness of making it and the noodley texture. This dinner was a huge comfort food for me.

I love that the carrots gave this meal a crunchiness. You can add whatever vegetables (broccoli, kale, ect.) you like! I also used a yellow summer squash instead of the zucchini when making this dish a second time.

Garlic Cream Paleo "Pasta" (for two)
1 medium diced onion
2 tbsps coconut oil
2 zucchinis julienned to look like noodles (I used a Veggetti)
1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
4 handfuls of spinach
1 cup frozen carrots
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tsp basil
salt and pepper
garlic powder (optional)

Saute the onion in coconut oil in a sauce pan. Add in the minced garlic, onion powder, basil, salt and pepper when the onions are translucent. Crack open the can of coconut milk and let it melt in the pan. Once melted, stir in the vegetables- I added spinach and frozen carrots. Once all is cooked together, I usually taste the sauce and add any additional spices needed. I topped this with a little extra garlic powder (because I LOVE the taste of garlic). Serve over your bed of zucchini.  I hope you find this as comforting as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment