Friday, May 15, 2015

Cinnamon Bun-nana Ice Cream (dairy-free)



Happy Friday! If you haven't noticed, I have had a bit of a sweet tooth this week (see my previous post about aip dairy & sugar-free chocolate!). Finally the weather is getting nice in New England- which means its ice cream season. It's hard driving past the sweet smelling, brightly colored creameries. Today marks my two months of The Myers Way / AI Paleo Diet- what better reward than all natural, organic, easy to make ice cream?

My bunch of bananas weren't looking that good. They were starting to get that bananay smell, stinking up our kitchen. They needed to be used ASAP- making this project very convenient! However, I recommend using green bananas to keep the sugar level down.

Cinnamon Bun-nana Ice Cream
4-5 bananas 
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk 
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp powdered cinnamon 

I began by chopping up the bananas on a plate. Then after sharing a piece with Maxwell (my guinea pig always smell when I'm cutting fruit and he starts to squeak!), I put them in the freezer for about 1.5 hours. 

Then I worked in two batches creaming the frozen banana in food processor while adding in the thick coconut milk. I used about 1/2 a can for this part, saving the rest for the cinnamon filling.

To make the filling, combine the coconut milk, cinnamon, and coconut flour. It will come out pretty doughy so you need to crumble it up before mixing in the ice cream (see no.4 in the picture above). 

Can be eaten right away (you know I did) or stored in the freezer. Unlike regular ice cream however, it has to be defrosted after being stored in the freezer. Place your tub in a bowl of hot water or leave out for several minutes to thaw. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment