Tuesday, May 12, 2015

First post from the cave...

I have always been interested in the world of blogging. I wanted to start my own but questioned what I would write about- & my Netflix addiction or tales of sitting in traffic (although there is probably a niche for that!) never really seemed interesting enough. Now not only do I believe I have a story to tell, I want to connect with others who are on an autoimmune paleo diet, who are also healing with good whole foods.

 My AIP love spread all over my social media. I noticed myself hash tagging my healthy food pictures (like #grassfedgirl and #primaldiet). I imagined my friends rolling their eyes every time they saw a post of my plate at dinnertime.

Then I realized I would have to catch myself in conversations; someone would start complaining about an aliment and I’d lecture them on how they would feel better if they ate better… and as you can imagine not everyone wanted to hear it. I wanted to shout to the world “this is the way you should be eating!” I realized I needed an outlet to share my experience -so here I am!

I am a 22 year old graphic designer from Rhode Island, Pinterest lover & Guinea Pig Mom. My life completely changed after battling two Autoimmune Diseases: Celiac and Hypothyroid Disease. I am still healing and experimenting with food in the process.

I find there are a lot of great recipes for people who are Paleo- but not as many for those of us on the AIP diet. It can be frustrating searching for a recipe that has no nuts, eggs and most importantly gluten! I hope this can be one more resource out there for fellow AIP-ers.

No comments:

Post a Comment