Tuesday, May 12, 2015

(AI) Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce



The other night at dinner I was asked, “So Chinese takeout must be something you can’t eat right?” I wanted to laugh out loud! Of course I can’t- it’s loaded with gluten and preservatives. I don’t think anyone WITHOUT diet restrictions should be eating it! Unfortunately since then I have been craving Chinese food. I originally made this sauce as a filling for a dessert- but then realized it would be good for chicken!

Sweet and Sour Sauce
SUPER EASY!
7 dates
(depitted - if they are small you may need to add a few more!)
1 juice of an orange
(you can sub. 100% orange juice from a carton if needed)
1 lemon
1 cup of water

 Place the water in a sauce pan with the dates. Juice the lemon and orange into the pan (some of the orange pieces can go in as well!) Boil for about 10 minutes. Place all of the ingredients into the blender. 

When smooth, your sauce is ready!

There you have it! I served mine with coconut flour breaded chicken and cauliflower flower rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment