Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"Coffee" + chocolate fix


Last night's decadent dessert was way too delicious not to share! Sugar-free & loaded with antioxidants, you can feel good about copying my occasional bedtime routine.

The Chocolate
I was so excited that this chocolate came out delicious! It only has three ingredients: equal amounts coconut oil + cacao mixed with stevia!  I found the recipe at My Whole Foods Life, then alternated to the AIP diet, subbing maple syrup for stevia. She has a great step-by-step instruction guide, click here to view.

The "Coffee"
For those of you craving coffee like me, this is the closest solution I have found. I missed the creamy sweetness of a coffee from the coffee shop! 
I use Zhena's Caramel Chai tea. It is a herbal rooibos tea that is naturally caffeine free, organic and fair trade. One cup has 1960g of antioxidants, compared to one serving of blueberries with 196g. I mix in some Stevia and organic coconut to give it a light sweet flavor!

You have a completely sugar-free dessert to satisfy your cravings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment